Archive for September, 2009
When I first set up this, my secondary, underused blog, one of the intentions was to partially dedicate it to pieces that for whatever reason had not been scanned or photographed or uploaded previously, but were good or interesting enough to be shown. So, I was looking through some old drawings in my studio this morning & picked out a few to post here:
The above, unsigned & undated, drawing was slightly larger than my flatbed scanner. However, no major details were cropped out.
The above brush & ink drawing was done while I was living in Paris.
The above ink drawing was also done during the Paris years (1991-1994.) Done with a Rapidograph pen, I think.
Another Paris drawing, done with a fine brush.
A pen & ink drawing from upstate NY. When I turned this over to scan it, I discovered it had a verso image:
An unfinished sketch, possibly a head of Pan (?) — I had completely forgotten about this one.
Here are some images of Leda from Greek mythology (with & without the swan) that I’ve done over the years:
The key to the images (from top row, left to right):
1. Head of Leda, 2009, brush & ink on paper, 10″ x 8″.
2. Leda and the Swan, 1992, pen & ink on paper, 11.5″ x 8.25″.
3. Leda and the Swan, 1992, brush & ink on paper, 25″ x 20″.
4. Head of Leda, 2009, acrylic on board, 10″ x 8″.
5. Leda in White on Black, 2007, acrylic on card, 28″ x 22″.
6. Leda Among the Rocks, 2009, brush & ink on paper, 20″ x 16″.
7. Leda Waiting, 2009, brush & ink on paper, 10″ x 8″.
8. Head of Leda, 2009, silverpoint on tinted ground, 10″ x 8″.
If you click on the thumbnail images above, you’ll see larger versions of the artwork. You’ll have to use your browser’s “back” button to get back here, however.